Introducing our group classes for Adult Ice Skaters graduating SkateUK at Lee Valley Ice Centre.
We’ve called them Bridge Classes because these classes “bridge” the gap for adult ice skaters looking to continue learning and receiving high quality coaching to refine their skating skills and learn new ones in a smooth transition out of the Skate UK programme.
Bridge Class Benefits
- 45 minutes of coaching each class
- Make Skating Friends
- Never more than 6 skaters per class
- Class content following British Ice Skating’s National Syllabus
- Adult only classes
Bridge Classes are usually available on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings.
These classes take place on Patch Ice (training ice), so all skaters must have their own skating boots as skate hire is not available on these sessions.
Minimum standard is SkateUK level 8 and so Bridge Classes are not suitable for complete beginners.
A taste of what you’ll be working on in your Bridge Classes
- Improving control of glides, curves and flow throughout your cross-overs
- Building longer glides and poise through 3 turns and mohawks
- Spin and jump elements with greater control
- Connecting skating skills, building balance, coordination and agility
- Fun new skill challenges that will have you coasting with style
Convenient Online Booking
- Online booking for quick, convenient scheduling
- First come, first served
- Class places limited, first 6 skaters booked in get the spots
- Need to reschedule? Simply use the link at the bottom of your confirmation email and move to another class
What can you do with those new skating skills?
Bridge Classes on a pause for Covid-19 social distancing
We apologise for any inconvenience, however to conform to new safety regulations these classes are on a pause.
Rest assured we will be restarting these popular classes as soon as it is permitted to do so.